Monday 7 April 2014

Shop My Stash

I am finally back at Uni, not living with my parents anymore but on my own in a tiny little dorm room not-so-near campus and that means: having access to the whole of my make up collection ... Amongst other things, like noisy neighbours or having to do my own laundry again, but it's all good!
So after two months of living out of a small make up bag, small for me, excessive for 'normal' people, I had a little look through my make up yesterday evening and 'discovered' a few items I have totally forgotten about. How exciting! (It's the little things in life people, don't judge me!)

Here we have them all. Aren't they beautiful. And on some of them I have even hit pan, which is even more exciting (oh gosh) and motivates me to use them up, put them in an 'Empties' blogpost, or even video (?) and throw them out. Nothing more satisfying than finishing make up products, am I right?

Ok, for the products we have:

L'Oreal True Match Foundation soft ivory n1 - And even two of them! Back when I lived in the USA for a few months I was obsessed with this foundation and because we don't have it in Germany (at least no that light of a shade), I panicked and bought two. Back home again, I just wasn't interested in it anymore. Story of my life.

NYX Blush Taupe - Great contour shade for fair skinned people like me. I really don't know what else to say about it, really. It's inexpensive (at least in the US) and it works. But ever since the Lancome subtile palette, I have stopped using it, because that's just a whole nother league. That being said, I will probably repurchase it.

Make Up Factory Matte Eyeshadow 08 - It's matte. It's brown. It's a nice contour- crease shade. But ain't nobody got time for single eyeshadows, anymore. I really find myself reaching for eyeshadow palettes these days. So the single eyesahdow needs to go. Nice quality, though. 

NYX EyeshadowTrio Nude/ Taupe/ Dark Brown - Back in the day when I started getting into make up, this was my very first eyeshadow- palette- love. And you know how they say you will always remember your first love. It's true ... at least with this trio. Muhahah. (I think the lack of sleep is getting to my head already?!) But seriously, these eyeshadows are amazing. Super pigmented, no fall out, very creamy. I only have nice things to say about it. I especially love the shimmery nude shade in the summer.

Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder 125 - Now that I have really dry skin, I don't want my powder to completely mattify my face but instead just setting my make up and leaving my skin look like skin, if that makes sense. I find that this powder really does the trick. You probably won't like it if you have oily skin and are looking for something to mattify your face. In that case I would recommend the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. 

Revlon Lip Butter Strawberry Shortcake/ Sugar Frosting - Since my lips are so dry because of the Roaccutane, these are the only lipsticks I can wear these days. These shades make me feel so summery and happy that I want to wear them more often.

Sleek Blush By 3 Lace - Again, think summer. I love oranges in summer. These can be quite scary, because they are so bright and pigmented. But I really wanna make them work. We'll see how that goes.

Benefit Blush Bella Bamba - Smells ah-mazing. And it is super shimmery. It's all about the shimmer this summer. And it's more wearable and easier to pull off, in my case anyway, than the Sleek blushes.

elf Shimmering Facial Whip Lilac Petal - Going with the shimmer theme: this! Supposedly a dupe for the Nars Copacabana highlighter. I wouldn't know. Besides the usual place where one would apply highlighter, I like to apply this as an eyeshadow. Looks super glossy on the lid. Gorgeous. and the pink really brings out the green in my eyes, which is always a plus. Be warned , though, it is a metallic-y colour.


left: Sugar Frosting / right: Strawberry Shortcake

It's quite fun shopping your own stash at home every now and again. And way more justifiable and easy on the wallet. What is a product that you recently re-discovered from your make up collection? I would be interested to know!


- Julia xxx

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin